Egypt

If the game of life is like chess why am I losing so miserably...at chess that is. I am learning to play again after many years and can't seem to keep up with the knights and rooks and horses. I can barely remember the names of the pieces much less how they move. Yet I continue to play to master the art and become a pro in my own right. So if life is like a game of chess is that why I've never been very good at playing games and have often been told that "I wear my heart on my sleeve" and have a difficult time masking my emotions. But I can see the necessity of knowing how to move and when to move and when to play certain positions. And in understanding my position I am less likely to be sensitive about it because I understand it. It is useful to know when to make a move in life...in your career, your relationships, your housing. You consider the entire situation (board) and look at what you have to work with (your pawns) and recognize when you need to make really big moves (your queen) and when to put a stop to certain things (CHECKMATE). I'm going to keep learning this game of chess and give myself time to understand it. In the same way I'm going to continue learning this game of life and what I need to do to win!
Labels: , | edit post
2 Responses
  1. Buttafly Says:

    I wanna learn how to play! who wants to teach me?!


  2. Egypt Says:

    You are playing chess everyday Tiff!


Bookmark and Share